Pay to contacts in your own banking app
It is already very common abroad to pay directly to the contacts in your phone. To make this possible in the Netherlands as well, SurePay developed PayID. Pay to Mobile is the first functionality available to banks for implementation in online and mobile banking apps. Pay to Mobile is integrated in the API of IBAN-Name Check. This allows every bank in its own environment to offer safe and reliable payments to contacts 06 numbers.
Benefits of PayID
For the customer
- Pay to contacts without entering an IBAN
- Part of its own user-friendly banking app
- Safe and reliable, thanks to the IBAN-Name Check
- Extra service for your customers
- The bank is and remains in control of its own customer data
- Customers keep their own data up to date on the bank side. This provides the bank with recent and verified contact details of the customer
- The payment remains technically a normal transfer (SCT / SCT instant). Suspense accounts, iDEAL or wallets are not required for Pay to Mobile
The convenience of Pay to Mobile
The IBAN is a long number, it is difficult for people to remember and share. Thanks to Pay to Mobile, your customer starts a payment by simply choosing the beneficiary from the phone's contact list.
Your customer can also be paid that way. This only works if the customer has chosen to participate. To do this, the customer links the verified 06-number and / or e-mail address as a PayID to his IBAN via the banking app.
From that moment on, customers of all participating banks can also easily pay your customer. We are currently investigating options to add other personal, verifiable IDs to PayID.
The implementation of SurePay PayID and Pay to Mobile
We have integrated Pay to Mobile in the updated version of the IBAN-Name Check API. By implementing this version, you offer your customers an easy way to start a payment. The customer can select persons from the phone's contact list. The corresponding name and 06 number are shared by the bank with SurePay. If the name is correct (Match or Close Match), we will share the beneficiary's IBAN with the bank to make a standard payment.
The bank also implements the PayID API in the banking apps, so that its customers can link the data (e.g. 06 number, e-mail address) as PayID. The bank is responsible for checking that these data are checked (eg via SMS verification), so that the customer can only link their own data. Once the 06 number has been linked, the customer can receive payments via Pay to Mobile.