Your job at SurePay
You work in an Agile environment and are responsible for analyzing new markets and the most recent developments in the field of payments and translate this based on the strategic goals of SurePay into possibilities for further development of the SurePay services.
This may concern improvements or modifications to existing products such as Confirmation of Payee and PayID (“Pay to Mobile”) in a new market, as well as new products in an existing market. You will work according to lean start-up principles, in close collaboration with our customers, data suppliers and partners.
You do not shy away from details and you ultimately know how to articulate things in clear business requirements. In addition, you also work together with other team members, such as the solution architect and the product owner, so that eventually bite-sized chunks of work are ready to be picked up by one of the scrum teams.
- Masters degree
- At least 5 years of experience in the role of Business Analyst, in the field of Payments
- You have excellent logical thinking, have strong analytical skills and are able to spot promising ideas
- You communicate clearly, both in conversations and on paper (English) and you’re able to keep asking questions so that you quickly know what someone means
- You have affinity with Payments, Data, IT / technology and are familiar with APIs
- You have experience in the international / EU banking sector
- You have the following characteristics: proactive, resourceful, investigative and positive critical
- Technical background / study is an advantage
- Experience with Lean Startup is an advantage
- Experience in innovation processes is an advantage
- Screening is part of the application procedure
Your main tasks
Characteristic of a fast-growing startup is that roles are often versatile, as is the role of Business Analyst. Your main tasks are:
- Analysis of new markets and most recent developments in Payments
- Presenting findings to the rest of the team, sharing knowledge
- Helping translate new developments into new products or to expand existing products
- Drawing up (business) requirements and uncovering the business case for new products
- Identify market developments as input for further development or refinement of product vision
- Sparring partner for technical disciplines such as solution architect and product owner, to help translate business requirements into a technical solution
- Innovation: connecting external developments (such as legislation and regulations, new techniques, customer wishes) on the one hand and our possible / future solutions on the other
- Founded in 2016
- Flat organisation
- Around 45 employees
- (Business) Casual
- 1 Office
- Average age: 34
SurePay makes payment easier, more personal and even more secure. We are a Fintech company, with the most well known product being the IBAN-Name Check, also known internationally as Confirmation of Payee. This product is purchased by almost all banks in the Netherlands, but also by major insurers, lenders, ministries and government agencies.
In total we have already carried out more than 3 Billion checks. Since we went live with IBAN-Name Check, the number of invoice fraud via transfers to Dutch IBANs has decreased by no less than 81%.
SurePay stems from an innovation program of Rabobank, started in July 2016 and has been an independent BV since the beginning of 2020. SurePay is currently in the transition from startup to scale-up; we are engaged in the international roll-out of our services. In England we now have a foothold and we check 25% of all payments. Other countries are in the pipeline. We are currently working with 3 scrum teams and a business / sales team on our ambitious growth goals.
Bachelor or Master (HBO/WO)