Business Developer (UK)
Your job at SurePay
We’re on the lookout for results-driven Business Development professionals to join our fast growing team. As a business developer, you will be the face of SurePay UK, educating leads on the products we offer and building effective relationships with potential customers. You’ll utilize your network and connections that you have already built up to engage prospects and inform them about our SurePay products.
We’re scaling up - so your job will be to generate new business, proactively create opportunities, attract new clients and up-sell to existing customers. Building and maintaining solid long-term relationships is second nature to you and you perform your job always with the customer in mind. Keeping up to date with relevant developments and trends within the market is vital, as well as having a clear understanding of the payments landscape. You have the ability to translate complex concepts into easily digestible information when speaking with prospects.
For example, you’ll inform prospects about our existing product (Confirmation of Payee) to banks, corporates and government in the UK.
- 3-5 years of experience in business development or sales
- Affiliation with the banking and payments sector, as well as a strong network
- Strong communication and relationship building skills
- Strong negotiation skills
- Ability to have contractual discussions
- Results oriented mindset
- Proactive in creating opportunities
- Proficient in generating business and cross/up selling
- Strong team player who can also work independently
- Ability to work in the dynamic and sometimes hectic start-up environment.
Your main tasks
- Identifying and targeting prospective SurePay customers within the UK region.
- Creating new opportunities for both new and existing customers by conducting outbound pipeline lead generation and qualification.
- Cultivating relationships with stakeholders from targeted institutions by initiating communications and moving opportunities up in the sales funnel.
- Having conversations regarding contracts in conjunction with our legal department.
- Taking responsibility for the whole sales process from lead generation to contract phase and remaining the point of contact thereafter.
- Keeping up to date with trends and developments within the finance and payments sector.
- Researching and communicating with prospects to get an insight into their current situation and pain points.
- Founded in 2016
- ±45 employees
- 1 office
- Flat organisation
- (Business) Casual
- Average age: 34
SurePay makes payment easier, more personal and even more secure. We are a Fintech company, with the most well known product being the IBAN-Name Check, also known internationally as Confirmation of Payee. This product is purchased by almost all banks in the Netherlands, but also by major insurers, lenders, ministries and government agencies.
In total we have already carried out more than 3 Billion checks. Since we went live with IBAN-Name Check, the number of invoice fraud via transfers to Dutch IBANs has decreased by no less than 81%.
SurePay stems from an innovation program of Rabobank, started in July 2016 and has been an independent BV since the beginning of 2020. SurePay is currently in the transition from startup to scale-up; we are engaged in the international roll-out of our services. In England we now have a foothold and we check 25% of all payments. Other countries are in the pipeline. We are currently working with 3 scrum teams and a business / sales team on our ambitious growth goals.