Your job at SurePay
You work in an Agile environment and are responsible for the development and programming of new functionalities for our products and the API links with our customers’ systems and applications. You will work in sprints of two weeks and therefore ensure a fast time to market. At the end of the two weeks, you and your team present the new functionalities to the rest of the organisation.
Together with your team, you will work on improving the existing product IBAN-Name Check, but you will also work on the development of new products such as the Switch Check and Pay-ID.
The team consists of various specialties such as the Product Owner, QA and DevOps, so that our high quality in terms of algorithm, performance (3 billion checks with an average response time of 75ms) and availability (> 99.99%) is maintained.
- You have a Bachelor or Master working level;
- You have at least 3 years experience as a Java Developer;
- You are familiar with an Agile way of working and are a team player;
- You are familiar with API’s and various scripting languages;
- You have the following characteristics: proactive, inventive, inquisitive and positively critical;
- A Technical background/study is an advantage, think of completed studies in Business Administration Informatics or Information Science;
- You are available full time (40 hours per week);
- Your English language skills are very good, both written and spoken;
- Experience with AWS and/or JAVA and Python is an advantage;
- Screening is a part of the application procedure.
Your main tasks
A characteristic of a fast-growing startup is that roles are often versatile, as is the role of Java Developer. Your most important tasks are:
- Maintaining, testing and improving existing applications
- You will act as a troubleshooter when problems arise regarding the application of our product. Together with your team, you ensure that our products always work perfectly
- Developing and implementing new functionalities of our products
- Founded in 2016
- Flat organisation
- Around 45 employees
- (Business) Casual
- 1 Office
- Average age: 34
SurePay makes payment easier, more personal and even more secure. We are a Fintech company, with the most well known product being the IBAN-Name Check, also known internationally as Confirmation of Payee. This product is purchased by almost all banks in the Netherlands, but also by major insurers, lenders, ministries and government agencies.
In total we have already carried out more than 3 Billion checks. Since we went live with IBAN-Name Check, the number of invoice fraud via transfers to Dutch IBANs has decreased by no less than 81%.
SurePay stems from an innovation program of Rabobank, started in July 2016 and has been an independent BV since the beginning of 2020. SurePay is currently in the transition from startup to scale-up; we are engaged in the international roll-out of our services. In England we now have a foothold and we check 25% of all payments. Other countries are in the pipeline. We are currently working with 3 scrum teams and a business / sales team on our ambitious growth goals.
Bachelor or Master (HBO/WO)