Your job at SurePay
In your role as QA Engineer, you are responsible for developing and implementing quality assurance strategy and testing. Among other things, you will draw up the quality requirements and technical specifications documentation and test whether the products and features meet these requirements. Based on this, you will identify any defects and provide the development with feedback to adjust the products before we go live. You will also come up with targeted solutions.
You understand the software lifecycle like no other, and are therefore an indispensable link in the process from development of our products and features to going live with a new release.
The team consists of various specialties such as the Product Owner, Java Developers and DevOps, so that our high quality in terms of algorithm, performance (3 billion checks with an average response time of 75ms) and availability (> 99.99%) is maintained.
- You have a WO/HBO working level;
- You have at least 3 to 5 years of work experience as a QA Engineer;
- You are familiar with working Agile and are a team player;
- You have experience with software QA tools and quality assurance processes;
- You are familiar with Java;
- You have knowledge of the software life cycle;
- You have strong analytical, communication and management skills;
- You have experience with test automation of REST API, preferably using Java or Kotlin;
- You are familiar with CI/CD;
- You have working experience with Unix/Linux and shell scripting;
- Experience with scripting languages such as Kotlin, Groovy or Python is an advantage;
- Experience with cloud technology and/or AWS (Amazon) is an advantage;
- Experience with security testing and open banking is an advantage;
- Experience with Apigee and/or Elastic and Fluentd is an advantage;
- You are available fulltime (40 hours per week);
- You have a very good command of the English language, both spoken and written;
- Screening is part of the application procedure.
Your main tasks
- A characteristic of a fast-growing startup is that roles are often versatile, as is the role of QA Engineer. Your most important tasks are:
- Testing products and features based on quality requirements and identifying deviations
- Proposing solutions based on identified problems
- Planning, development and management of Quality Planning strategy
- Collaborate with product development to ensure consistent project execution
- Identifying quality assurance process bottlenecks and proposing targeted action for improvement
- Collection of quality data
- Identifying key KPIs for product quality
- Preparation and presentation of reports and statistics to management
- Coaching and supervising colleagues with regard to quality processes and quality assurance
- Founded in 2016
- Flat organisation
- Around 45 employees
- (Business) Casual
- 1 Office
- Average age: 34
SurePay makes payment easier, more personal and even more secure. We are a Fintech company, with the most well known product being the IBAN-Name Check, also known internationally as Confirmation of Payee. This product is purchased by almost all banks in the Netherlands, but also by major insurers, lenders, ministries and government agencies.
In total we have already carried out more than 3 Billion checks. Since we went live with IBAN-Name Check, the number of invoice fraud via transfers to Dutch IBANs has decreased by no less than 81%.
SurePay stems from an innovation program of Rabobank, started in July 2016 and has been an independent BV since the beginning of 2020. SurePay is currently in the transition from startup to scale-up; we are engaged in the international roll-out of our services. In England we now have a foothold and we check 25% of all payments. Other countries are in the pipeline. We are currently working with 3 scrum teams and a business / sales team on our ambitious growth goals.
Bachelor or Master (HBO/WO)