As an Account Manager at SurePay, you’ll be part of our business development team and report to our Chief Commercial Officer. The aim of your role will be primarily to develop the relationships that we have with our key clients in the Netherlands and actively think along with them of how we can collaborate further. In addition, you will identify and reach out to banks that we’ve not yet onboarded.
If you have a strong banking network in the Netherlands and have a good knowledge of payments, we’d like to meet you! Please note that fluent Dutch is a requirement for this position.
Your job at SurePay
We’re on the lookout for a new Account Manager for our banking clients in the Dutch market. As an integral part of our business development and sales team, you’ll help us elevate our service by managing, maintaining, and growing complex, multi-faceted banking client relationships. Another big element of your role is cross and upselling to your clients, which is something you know how to approach with ease. Your knowledge within the payments/banking world combined with the excellent service and complex problem-solving skills you provide will ensure that our client relationships continue to flourish!
As we continue to scale, you’ll have responsibility for promoting growth domestically. Through independent research and targeting, you’ll also help us to identify new opportunities both with current clients and new ones. By using your network, holding client meetings and visiting events you’ll be our main point of contact for our banking clients here in the Netherlands.
We’re a true scale-up, meaning your job will always be versatile and varied. No two days at SurePay are the same! Creating opportunities, up-selling to existing customers and identifying and educating new leads will be some of your main activities, as well as thinking along with your clients. You’re passionate about building and maintaining solid long-term relationships and the customer is always in mind. Keeping up to date with relevant developments and trends within the market is interesting for you, as well as having a clear understanding of the payments landscape.
- 3-5 years of experience in a business development or sales role
- Experience within banking and a strong network
- Knowledge of the payments industry
- Fluent/native level Dutch
- Strong communication and relationship building skills
- Proficient in generating business and cross/up-selling
- Strong negotiation skills
- Ability to have contractual discussions
- Results oriented mindset
- Proactive in creating opportunities
- Strong team player who can also work independently
- Ability to work in the dynamic and sometimes hectic scale-up environment.
Your main tasks
- Onboarding new clients and expand existing business (cross/up-selling)
- Supporting our strong client relationship culture through on-going customer contact, quality customer service and excellent product knowledge
- Creating new opportunities for both existing and new customers by conducting pipeline lead generation and qualification
- Cultivating relationships with stakeholders from targeted institutions by initiating communications and moving opportunities up in the sales funnel
- Having contractual discussions in conjunction with our legal department
- Being the point of contact for our banking clients
- Keeping up to date with trends and developments within the banking and payments industries
- Founded in 2016
- ± 70 employees
- 1 office
- Flat organisation
- (Business) Casual
- Average age: 36
SurePay makes payment easier, more personal and even more secure. We are a Fintech company, with the most well known product being the IBAN-Name Check, also known internationally as Confirmation of Payee. This product is purchased by almost all banks in the Netherlands, but also by major insurers, lenders, ministries and government agencies.
In total we have already carried out more than 4 Billion checks. Since we went live with IBAN-Name Check, the number of invoice fraud via transfers to Dutch IBANs has decreased by no less than 81%.
SurePay stems from an innovation program of Rabobank, started in July 2016 and has been an independent BV since the beginning of 2020. SurePay is currently in the scale-up phase; we are engaged in the international roll-out of our services. In England we now have a foothold and we check 35% of all payments. Other countries are in the pipeline. We are currently working with 4 scrum teams and a business / sales team on our ambitious growth goals.
- Meer informatie