As a Business Developer at SurePay, you’ll be part of our business development team and report to our Chief Commercial Officer. The aim of your role will be to grow our client base in the Dutch, Belgian and Luxembourg market. We’re looking for a native Belgian person for this role, with French language skills ideally.
If you have a strong network within the banking and/or payments sector in the BeNeLux region and you’re currently based in the Netherlands or Belgium (either is fine), we’d like to meet you!
Your job at SurePay
We’re looking for a proactive and results-driven Business Developer to join our fast growing team. As a business developer you will educate leads in the BeNeLux region about the products we offer and build effective relationships with potential customers. You’ll use the network and connections that you have already built up to engage prospects and inform them about our SurePay products.
We’re scaling up – so your job will be versatile and varied. No two days at SurePay are the same! Generating new business, proactively creating opportunities, attracting new clients and up-selling to existing customers will be at the core of what you do. Building and maintaining solid long-term relationships is second nature to you and you perform your job always with the customer in mind. Keeping up to date with relevant developments and trends within the market is vital, as well as having a clear understanding of the payments landscape. You have the ability to translate complex concepts into easily digestible information when speaking with prospects.
For example, you’ll inform prospects about our existing product (Confirmation of Payee) to banks and financial organisations in Belgium and Luxembourg.
- 3-5 years of experience in a business development or sales role
- Experience within banking and/or payments, as well as a strong network in that area.
- Fluency in French and Dutch
- Strong communication and relationship building skills
- Strong negotiation skills
- Ability to have contractual discussions
- Results oriented mindset
- Proactive in creating opportunities
- Proficient in generating business and cross/up-selling
- Strong team player who can also work independently
- Ability to work in the dynamic and sometimes hectic start-up environment.
Your main tasks
- Identifying and targeting prospective SurePay customers in Belgium, Netherlands and Luxembourg.
- Creating new opportunities for both new and existing customers by conducting outbound pipeline lead generation and qualification.
- Cultivating relationships with stakeholders from targeted institutions by initiating communications and moving opportunities up in the sales funnel.
- Having conversations regarding contracts in conjunction with our legal department.
- Taking responsibility for the whole sales process from lead generation to contract phase and remaining the point of contact thereafter.
- Keeping up to date with trends and developments within the finance and payments sector.
- Researching and communicating with prospects to get an insight into their current situation and pain points.
- Founded in 2016
- ± 70 employees
- 1 office
- Flat organisation
- (Business) Casual
- Average age: 36
SurePay makes payment easier, more personal and even more secure. We are a Fintech company, with the most well known product being the IBAN-Name Check, also known internationally as Confirmation of Payee. This product is purchased by almost all banks in the Netherlands, but also by major insurers, lenders, ministries and government agencies.
In total we have already carried out more than 3 Billion checks. Since we went live with IBAN-Name Check, the number of invoice fraud via transfers to Dutch IBANs has decreased by no less than 81%.
SurePay stems from an innovation program of Rabobank, started in July 2016 and has been an independent BV since the beginning of 2020. SurePay is currently in the transition from startup to scale-up; we are engaged in the international roll-out of our services. In England we now have a foothold and we check 25% of all payments. Other countries are in the pipeline. We are currently working with 4 scrum teams and a business / sales team on our ambitious growth goals.
- Utrecht (Remote)
- Meer informatie