As a Business Developer at SurePay, you’ll be part of our business development team and work closely with our CCO. The aim of your role will be to grow our client base starting in Denmark, Finland and Sweden, then also expanding in the rest of the Nordics (Norway and Iceland). If you’re a native from one of these countries, with a strong network within the banking and/or payments sector we would like to speak with you!
Your job at SurePay
We’re looking for results-driven Business Developers to join our fast growing team. We have ambitious plans for the coming months – we started in the Netherlands, expanded to the UK and are currently making moves in Germany, France, Italy, Belgium and Luxembourg. The next stop is the Nordics!
As a business developer for the Nordic market you’ll help us to educate leads on our products and build effective relationships with potential customers. You’ll utilize your network and connections that you have already built up to engage prospects and inform them about our SurePay products.
We’re scaling up – so generating new business, creating opportunities and attracting new clients will be at the forefront of what you will do. Building long-term relationships is what you love and you do so always with the clients in mind.
You’re eager to keep up to date with recent developments and trends within payments and you have a keen interest in that landscape. Translating complex concepts into easily digestible information when speaking with prospects is second nature to you. We have a technical API driven product, so when explaining our Confirmation of Payee solution to leads, you make it simple.
- 3-5 years of experience in a business development or sales executive role (ideally selling SaaS solutions).
- Affiliation with the banking and payments sector, as well as a strong network.
- Bi-lingual English and Nordic language skills.
- Knowledge of P27 Nordic Payments is a plus.
- Strong communication and relationship building skills.
- Strong negotiation skills.
- Ability to have contractual discussions.
- Previous start-up/scale-up experience is a plus.
- Proficient in generating business and cross/up selling.
- Strong team player who can also work independently
Your main tasks
- Identifying and targeting prospective SurePay customers in the Nordic regions.
- Generating sales and creating new business opportunities, while managing sales processes to reach a final commercial agreement.
- Building a strong network with stakeholders from targeted institutions and becoming a trusted advisor while positively positioning SurePay solutions.
- Having contractual discussions in conjunction with our legal department.
- Leading workshops and meetings with key customer stakeholders to better identify client needs and matching them with the SurePay offering.
- Taking responsibility for the whole sales process from lead generation to contract phase and remaining the point of contact thereafter.
- Creating awareness of our brand within the Nordic countries and regions.
- Researching and communicating with prospects to get an insight into their current situation and pain points.
- Founded in 2016
- ± 70 employees
- 1 office
- Flat organisation
- (Business) Casual
- Average age: 36
SurePay makes payment easier, more personal and even more secure. We are a Fintech company, with the most well known product being the IBAN-Name Check, also known internationally as Confirmation of Payee. This product is purchased by almost all banks in the Netherlands, but also by major insurers, lenders, ministries and government agencies.
In total we have already carried out more than 3 Billion checks. Since we went live with IBAN-Name Check, the number of invoice fraud via transfers to Dutch IBANs has decreased by no less than 81%.
SurePay stems from an innovation program of Rabobank, started in July 2016 and has been an independent BV since the beginning of 2020. SurePay is currently in the transition from startup to scale-up; we are engaged in the international roll-out of our services. In England we now have a foothold and we check 25% of all payments. Other countries are in the pipeline. We are currently working with 4 scrum teams and a business / sales team on our ambitious growth goals.
- Utrecht (Remote)
- Meer informatie