As Scrum Master at SurePay, you’ll not only work closely with our technical teams, but will also interact with the other departments across the business to encourage working according to agile values and principles. SurePay currently has four development teams that work on a variety of products such as Confirmation of Payee, Account Check, Pay ID and more for both the Netherlands and the UK markets. We are also currently scaling up our services and entering more European countries.
Your job at SurePay
As our Scrum Master at SurePay, you’re able to guide and coach our teams in such a way that they continuously improve themselves resulting in high performance and self-organising, agile teams. Over the past three years we have scaled from one technical team to four technical teams, and we will continue to add new teams in the years to come. The other teams within SurePay include Business Development, Business Operations, Marketing and HR & Recruitment.
Each of our technical teams has a dedicated product owner who is responsible for the backlog and the team is multidisciplinary in nature. The SurePay solution is a SAAS solution that runs fully in the cloud. Millions of transactions are processed per day and availability is 24/7 with minimum failures.
As Scrum Master you will be mainly working with these multidisciplinary scrum teams. You will streamline the delivery process end to end, facilitate each team where necessary and work together with the teams and their product owners, as well as other stakeholders like the CTO, project managers and business analysts. The goal is to bring the best out the teams and the individuals that make up the team.
- Good understanding of scrum and agile methodologies
- Excellent communication skills (in English)
- Ability to motivate and inspire colleagues
- Knowledge of servant leadership, facilitation, situational awareness, conflict resolution, continuous improvement, empowerment, and transparency
- At least 3 years of working experience in IT with hands-on scrum master experience
- Comfortable working with technical topics such as SAAS, AWS Cloud, Jira and APIs etc – although soft skills are more important than the hard technical skills for this role
- Flexible mindset
- Experience working in a start-up/scale-up environment
- Please note, we are only considering candidates already based in the Netherlands
Your main tasks
- Working across teams and streamlining processes
- Helping teams to clear blockers and obstacles
- Establishing an environment where the team can be effective
- Addressing team dynamics
- Ensuring a good relationship between the team and product owner as well as others outside the team
- Protecting the team from outside interruptions and distractions
- Continuous improvement with a data-driven approach
- Facilitating discussions and decision making
- Solving dependencies
- Building an environment of openness and trust
- Facilitating the agile/scrum process in a flexible way that fits the needs of the teams
- Founded in 2016
- ± 70 employees
- 1 office
- Flat organisation
- (Business) Casual
- Average age: 36
SurePay makes payment easier, more personal and even more secure. We are a Fintech company, with the most well known product being the IBAN-Name Check, also known internationally as Confirmation of Payee. This product is purchased by almost all banks in the Netherlands, but also by major insurers, lenders, ministries and government agencies.
In total we have already carried out more than 3 Billion checks. Since we went live with IBAN-Name Check, the number of invoice fraud via transfers to Dutch IBANs has decreased by no less than 81%.
SurePay stems from an innovation program of Rabobank, started in July 2016 and has been an independent BV since the beginning of 2020. SurePay is currently in the transition from startup to scale-up; we are engaged in the international roll-out of our services. In England we now have a foothold and we check 25% of all payments. Other countries are in the pipeline. We are currently working with 4 scrum teams and a business / sales team on our ambitious growth goals.
- Meer informatie